April 2, 2014

huntington beach and earthquakes

Hey guys, remember that one time Southern California had a huge earthquake while my family was on vacation there? I don't say this lightly because earthquakes are a big deal and I know Chile just had a devastating one. Ours was tiny in comparison, but it still gave us a scare. We were out to dinner at Downtown Disney and the whole restaurant started shaking like crazy and it sounded like thunder. I stood up and yelled, "Get under the table!"--all those drills in elementary school weren't a waste after all! Of course, my brother, Kash, was every man for himself and protected his whole body under the table by lying down flat, leaving little room for his mother and the babes. Haha, good job. There were a few seconds where I thought this could possibly be the end, but we were lucky it stopped quickly. Our food came and everyone got a to-go box because our appetites were gone. So much for Disney being the happiest place on earth! But before the earthquake, we actually had a pretty fun day at the beach!

^^ We played at Huntington Beach all day with my cousin, Cole, and my brother, Kash. I highly recommend renting bikes! That water was waaaay too cold for any sane person, so bikes were fun. ^^



^^ The bathrooms, oh the bathrooms! I took one step inside and turned right around. But then I realized I was going to pee my pants and sucked it up. I realize I might be a little high maintenance (Johnny is nodding his head "yes"), but seriously, what are people doing in there?! ^^

^^ Contemplating their polar bear plunge. They actually did it and lasted for a good ten minutes. ^^

^^ It was so fun to meet up with two other dental school couples and play with them all day. Jordan and Amber were awesome and let us come play at their hotel pool. There was even a fire pit that we roasted s'mores at and Chris and Kalei were able to come, too! And I'd like to publicly apologize to everyone there in behalf of Munchkin who single-handedly ate most of the marshmallows, and may have eaten a whole Hershey's bar by herself. I'm sorry. ^^





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...