May 9, 2012

crepe cake


I love crepes so I came up with this recipe to make my favorite breakfast into a cake. I made it up as I went so the measurements aren't exact. You might have to tweak them (specifically the filling).

Crepe Cake

Ingredients
Crepes
3 cups flour
3 cups milk
6 eggs
9 TB melted butter
1 cup 2 TB water
1 1/2 tsp salt

Filling
4 cups sour cream
4 tsp coconut extract
4 tsp pina colada syrup
2 TB lemon juice
1 cup sugar

strawberries and more pina colada syrup for garnish

Instructions
For the crepes, blend all the ingredients in a blender (you might have to do it in two batches depending upon the size of your blender). Heat a medium-size pan and pour about 1/4-1/2 cup of crepe batter. Cook on both sides until golden yellow. It might take 2-3 crepes of testing to get the heat of the pan just right. I made about 35 crepes.

For the filling, mix all ingredients together. Adjust flavor to your liking.

Layer one crepe at a time with a generous amount of filling in between each. If you skimp on the filling, the cake comes out kind of dry.

Cut strawberries and soak them in a few tsps of pina colada syrup. Use to garnish the cake. Chill before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this looks divine! I will definitely be making this. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...