March 16, 2012

a cure for downton abbey withdrawals

I don't even want to think about the fact that Downton Abbey is almost a year out from airing in the U.S. It makes me want to cry. HOWEVER, yesterday I started reading a book I bought last year called Fall of Giants by Ken Follet and it's like reading Downton Abbey!!! There's even a gay footman who has an escapade with one of the male guests. Seriously.

Disclaimer: I'm only on page 101 of 985, so it could turn out to not be like my beloved miniseries after all, but in the meantime, it's helping with me my withdrawals of Lady Mary and Matthew Crawly.



1 comment:

  1. YES. I was (and am) seriously on the verge of heading upstairs to watch season 1 episode 7 for, like, the third time. This makes me want to pee my pants with excitement.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...