March 22, 2012

city creek gala

Last night was a dream! I was invited on a special media tour of City Creek before it opens today, and then attended a gala last night to be one of the first shoppers. It. Was. Awesome. You guys, City Creek is the greatest thing to happen to Salt Lake City in a long time.

There was delicious food, live music, and incredible shopping deals. I have to say, I felt pretty lucky to shop in H&M in peace, and I actually found my size of clothing because it hadn't been picked over by the masses yet. Hallelujah. The fountains were designed by the same team who did the Bellagio fountains, so yeah, they're amazing. And it's all just right across the street from the lovely Temple Square.

I've been watching the City Creek building process every since LDS Living moved downtown in 2010 (our building is part of the City Creek complex), and now that it's finally done, I'm afraid my paycheck has just been cut in half, as I'm only a few steps away from spending it all. Oh, well. Yay for City Creek!

This first picture is from Deseret News, and I knew it was me because I couldn't miss the green pants. Johnny saw this picture and said, "Who wears green pants?" Thanks.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...