December 8, 2014

it's christmas time in the city

^^ We never had a real tree growing up and now that Johnny and I have had one the past few years, I'm never going back. I don't care if I find pine needles in my sheets, bathtub, and hair (okay, maybe I care a little), it's worth cleaning them up for that glorious pine smell. The only thing I still can't wrap my head around is that we are wearing short sleeves to buy a Christmas tree. I kind of miss the snow. ^^



^^ I think there are like 10 big Christmas tree lighting festivals here in SF. Actually, there are probably way more. The best was the Pier 39 lighting because it was hosted by Disney and all of the characters were there for the show.  There's nothing like singing Christmas carols with hundreds of strangers and Mickey Mouse. I'm serious. ^^



^^ The Fairmont Hotel has a life size gingerbread house made of entirely real candy and cookie. I stuck my head in the corner like I was in timeout and just sniffed that gingerbread like it was, well, you know. If you're in the city, YOU MUST GO. Walking into the lobby is like walking onto the set of a Christmas film set in NYC. There was a jazz pianist, an elf taking pictures with the kids, and people sitting around drinking wine and hot chocolate like they owned the place. I mean, come on. Sign me up to be rich and famous so I can do that, too. ^^


^^ After the Fairmont you must walk across the street to my favorite, Grace Cathedral. The 20-foot tree with thousands of paper cranes was spectacular. And we even were able to listen to the choir singing for the church service. ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...