August 1, 2014

pizza pera

^^ While in Utah we ate a place called Pizzeria Limone and we fell in love. I watched and asked questions as they made my pizza and quickly came home to start experimenting. I don't have quantifiable measurements because I just kind of wing it, but here's the general idea (below): ^^


Pizza Pera

Dough (I use a thin crust recipe)
Olive oil
Aged mozzarella, cut into 1/4" cubes
Fresh mozzarella, big slice torn into chunks
3 cheese Italian blend
3 slices prosciutto
1/4 red onion, sliced very thin
1/4 pear, sliced very thin
1/4 cup sugar, divided
Fresh basil

Preheat oven to 500F with the rack 5 inches from the top.
Mix onions with a TB of sugar in a bowl, set aside.
Roll the dough out really thin--like almost see-through. I use cornmeal on a baking sheet because I don't have a pizza stone.
Spread a couple tablespoons of olive oil to cover the dough. Add aged mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, and fill in any holes with the Italian cheese blend. Add prosciutto and onions.
Dip both sides of the pear slices in sugar, coating really well (this helps it caramelize in the oven).
Bake for 10 minutes.
Add basil.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...