October 27, 2011

maui part 2

We woke up at 3:15 one morning so we could drive up to the top of Haleakala (a volcano) to watch the sunrise. Watching the sun come up from an elevation of 10,000 ft. was a-ma-zing. There were over 100 people there but the atmosphere was so reverent; no one spoke as we waited in silence. The clouds looked like a blanket that went as far as the eye could see, and the sun lit the whole sky on fire. I totally recommend this if you're ever in Maui.


The hotel rented out bocci ball, and my family sure does love a good game of bocci ball. We're pretty serious about it, as you can see from the above picture. We were measuring whose ball was the closest. We made quite the spectacle of ourselves at the hotel, but it was too much fun to care.



My sister Sierra, Mummsie, and brother Jett. (My mom just leaned over my shoulder while typing this and wants everyone to know her hair does not usually look like a cockatoo.)

My first (and last) time eating at Bubba Gump Shrimp. I'm allergic to shellfish and the only thing I could eat was a salad, and it was pretty crappy. Johnny says it was the best shrimp of his life. Sorry, babe.

Johnny's cousin Ryan and his family live in Maui. He and his son Bono spent the day with us at Big Beach.

More pool time. We were going to make this baby like the water no matter what!


The view from our balcony. 

Stay tuned for one more blog post on Maui tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...