August 19, 2011

the raspberry patch

Last week my sister Dani flew out to meet Baby Girl. It was great having her here and we did a lot of fun things, but one of my favorites was visiting the raspberry patch.

There's a self-pick raspberry patch out in the middle of nowhere and it's $2.50 a pound. A steal! It's run on the honor system, meaning you weight them yourself and leave money in a little jar they have on the table. I love the country and sometimes wish I could live out there so I could have my own gigantic raspberry patch. But then I realize Costco is too far away so I change my mind!

We ended up picking 37 pounds of raspberries and my mom and sisters made the most delicious jam. (And by "we" I mean everyone but me. I sat on a blanket with Baby Girl and watched them pick. Thanks, guys!)




1 comment:

  1. gosh you're beautiful. LOVE the last one. cute baby Ivory

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...