May 24, 2011

being pregnant makes me want weird food.

Being pregnant has changed my relationship with food. For the most part, I haven’t craved anything weird or gross, just very specific foods. The other night I begged Johnny to BBQ me chicken drumsticks despite the bad weather, and he did because he’s the best.

But the other night I had my first weird food craving. At 11 p.m. I turned to Johnny and said, 
I need a McDonald’s hamburger bun.”

What?! I didn’t want the meat, cheese, or condiments, just the bun. So being the awesome husband he is, we made a late night run to get me my hamburger bun. The woman at the drive-thru probably thought I was crazy, but that sweet, slightly-fried, warm bread was soooo delicious and just what I needed.

So, to all the moms out there, I have to ask: What is the craziest food craving you’ve ever had while pregnant? Please make me feel normal.

3 comments:

  1. So funny Ashley-made me LOL!!. . . and yes good husband that Johnny is! :0)
    I don't know if I've had super-wierd cravings, but it was wierd for me not to crave chocolate!! I was the kind of person that had to have at least one bite of chocolate a day-I always have a stash of chocolate somewhere. With ALL my pregnancies I had to eat Captain Crunch's Peanut Butter cereal at least once a week. (LOVED that stuff!)
    Speaking of Mcdonalds- I had around $25-$30 worth of their Chicken sandwiches (the first trimester during my nausea) Thats 25-30 sandwiches because they were only $1 each. Ugh, makes me sick thinkin about eatin one of those now. Good luck with everything! Very excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always crave peanut butter. Wait..I'm not a mom or prego. Dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am craving Kneaders raspberry bread pudding with this pregnancy. They have this amazing glaze they put on top of it too...talk about naughty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...